How to Clean Up Sulfuric Acid Spills
Sulfuric acid is a strong acid that can burn through clothes and skin; making a sulfuric acid spill can be a potentially dangerous situation.
Before dealing with the sulfuric acid spill itself, first check yourself to see if any of the acid got on you — or anyone else who is around — and wash off/rinse thoroughly any acid found.
Your Chemical Spill Response
Amphomag® is ideal to have in your safety and spill response supplies to neutralize small amounts of chemical spills like sulfuric acid.
- Use quickly and safely to treat spills
- No dangerous side effects
- No dangerous gas, heating, or splashing
Step 1: Supplies
- Acid – Resistant Apron
Step 2: Clean Up
- Check yourself to see if any of the acid got on you — or anyone else who is around — and wash off any acid found.
- Open the windows and doors and wear protective clothing if available.
- Pour an ample amount of Amphomag on the sulfuric acid. Amphomag will turn red to indicate an acid.
- Amphomag will turn a yellow/green color when it has been fully neutralized.
Step 3: Disposal
Once Amphomag has neutralized the sulfuric acid spill, it can be swept up and disposed.