One Product for Hazardous Spills
Amphomag® Universal Spill Neutralizer takes all the guesswork out of cleaning up a spill. It is a unique contaminant medium that can be used for any spilled material. More than a simple sorbent, it also neutralizes acids and bases. Amphomag is cost-effective, delivering savings at every level of a cleanup program. Simply pour Amphomag on spilled material and what it turn red if the spill is an acid and blue if the spill is a base. Once the color changes to a yellow/green, you know your spill has been neutralized and rendered nonhazardous.
Top Benefits of Amphomag
- Amphoteric – Treats both acids and bases.
- Color Indicator – Built-in multi-range pH indicator changes spill color after application and when spill is neutralized.
- Cost Saver – One product for multiple types of chemical spills. Easily store Amphomag at all temperatures and humidity levels when kept dry. Amphomag also reduces hazardous material disposal fees and is stable for long term containment of highly hazardous materials.
- Decrease Health and Safety Risks – Quickly contain and neutralize spill before harming others and environment. Application of the wrong agent, overdosing, and vapor releases are eliminated when you choose Amphomag.
- Easy to Use – No special training or safety equipment needed to use. Produces less heat and spattering than any other neutralizer available.
Amphomag is commonly used on:
- Acids, including sulfuric, hydrochloric, and nitric
- Dangerous inorganic materials
- Bases including sodium hydroxide
- Air-reactive and water-reactive liquids
- Anti-freeze/engine coolant and other automotive fluids
- Oxidizers and reducing agents
- Organic compounds
- CFCs, CHCs
- Gasoline and other fuels
Amphomag Universal Spill Neutralizer vs. Other Chemicals
Conventional materials like lime and soda ash have been used for years and are cheaper per pound – but they are not as effective as specialty reagents chosen for their neutralization power (Amphomag reduces usage by typically 30% and sometimes much more). Furthermore, some conventional materials are better on acids and some are better on bases. During an emergency response, it is difficult to determine if you need sodium bisulfate, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate, calcium carbonate, or another product. The goal of Amphomag is to reduce the response time necessary for an environmental solution to be put into place. Amphomag, a registered trademark owned by Premier Magnesia, LLC, can be used on acids, bases, solvents, organic, and inorganic solutions. It adsorbs liquids, controls odors, and neutralizes gases.