How to Clean Up Automobile Leaks in Your Garage
Although your automobile might be your pride and joy,unexpected leaks and problems can turn a pleasure into a nuisance. Leaking oil and/or battery acid, amongst other issues could be adding stress and also potentially hazardous conditions to your garage. In addition, it might be a seemingly safe place to store a variety of home or industrial products, but what happens if a spill occurs?
There are many applications for Amphomag® in your garage at both home and work. It can be used to absorb oil leaks, as well as, neutralize leaking battery acids from your vehicle. It is also good to have on-hand for spills from chemical products that you might be storing.
We will take you step-by-step on how to keep your garage clean and safe.
Step 1: Supplies
Here are the supplies you’ll need to clean up your garage oil spill:
Step 2: Properly Address the Spill
Open all windows and doors to make sure that there is open air flow to avoid inhalation of vapor.
- Pour Amphomag® slowly and directly on the spill until fully contained.
- The color indicator will turn a reddish/pink to indicate if it is an acid and a bluish color if it is a base.
- Continue to slowly add material until it turns a yellow/green color to indicate that it has been fully neutralized.
Oil Clean Up
- Take a handful or two of Amphomag® and sprinkle it all over the stain.
- Allow Amphomag® about 10 to 15 minutes to absorb the oil. Amphomag® will not fully neutralize the oil, but it will help to contain it.
Step 3: Disposal
To dispose of the Amphomag®/Spill mix, simply brush up the Amphomag® and dispose of in a garbage can.
Amphomag® is a registered trademark owned by Premier Magnesia, LLC.