One of the most commonly spilled hazardous materials is sulfuric acid. The primary reason for accidental injuries is mistaking the sulfuric acid for water. The procedure to identify an unknown liquid and treat it with the appropriate response material can be complicated and lengthy. Applying Ampho-Mag™ is an immediate and safe response, avoiding the dangers a false identification. In the case of sulfuric acid, a color change indicates red for an acid and the sulfuric is safely rendered to harmless Epsom Salt.
Ampho-Mag™ effectively neutralizes acids and bases bringing spilled material to a neutral pH resulting in:
- A quicker response time – no guessing at the identity of the spilled material.
- No misapplication – Ampho-Mag’s™ ability to handle acids and bases makes it the perfect solution in a crisis.
- Safely controlling spilled liquids and keeping them from entering the environment.