Sulfuric Acid Spill Cleanup

How to Clean Up Sulfuric Acid Spills

Sulfuric acid is a strong acid that can burn through clothes and skin; making a sulfuric acid spill can be a potentially dangerous situation.

Before dealing with the sulfuric acid spill itself, first check yourself to see if any of the acid got on you — or anyone else who is around — and wash off/rinse thoroughly any acid found.


Your Chemical Spill Response

Amphomag® is ideal to have in your safety and spill response supplies to neutralize small amounts of chemical spills like sulfuric acid.
  • Use quickly and safely to treat spills
  • No dangerous side effects
  • No dangerous gas, heating, or splashing
List-Supplies-Acid-Spill-Cleanup-Amphomag-IconStep 1: Supplies
  • Mask
  • Goggles
  • Gloves
  • Acid - Resistant Apron
  • Broom
  • Dustpan
  • Water
  • Amphomag®
Clean-Steps-Acid-Spill-Amphomag-IconStep 2: Clean Up
  1. Check yourself to see if any of the acid got on you — or anyone else who is around — and wash off any acid found.
  2. Open the windows and doors and wear protective clothing if available.
  3. Pour an ample amount of Amphomag® on the sulfuric acid.  Amphomag® will turn red to indicate an acid.
  4. Amphomag® will turn a yellow/green color when it has been fully neutralized.

Disposal-Acid-Spill-Amphomag-IconStep 3: Disposal

Once Amphomag® has neutralized the sulfuric acid spill, it can be swept up and disposed.

Don't delay! Order Amphomag® today >>

Amphomag® is a registered trademark owned by Premier Magnesia, LLC.
Product Overview

View how Amphomag® neutralizes acid > >